Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Here's how I preserved my corn:
1) Shuck the corn. Better yet, send your husband and kids outside to do it!
2) Boil water in the largest pot you have.
3) While the water boils, fill your sink with cold water and throw in some ice (or not the ice is optional).
4) Once the water is boiling, fill the pot with corn. Cook for 3 minutes.
5) Using tongs, remove corn from pot to a large platter and then straight in to the sink full of cold water.
6) Once corn is cool, cut off kernels in to the largest bowl you have in your kitchen. I just used a large, sharp chefs knife (I actually only have 2 knives in my kitchen!).
7) Fill quart size freezer bags with 3 cups of corn. Freeze. OR Put cobs of corn whole in to gallon freezer bags. Freeze.
I can't wait to have freshly frozen summer corn in the winter!