Sunday, September 9, 2007

Is It Monday Yet??

Saturday morning we woke up and got Ella going and I returned my sister's call from the night before. She had the unfortunate task of informing me that our father (age 60) had a heart attack early that morning. It is his second heart attack in 10 years (almost to the exact day). He is now in the nearest town with a cardiologist -- about an hour from where my parents live. No word on what they've decided to do yet. He is really bummed out -- knowing now what the recovery is like (the first time you just go with it, not knowing).

Saturday afternoon I needed to run errands and hit both Costco and Wal-Mart. They are located across the street from on another about 25 minutes from home. It was worth the further trip to not have to run all over town -- right? Right! So we go to Costco and all is well. We head over to Wal-Mart and are about three-quarters of the way through our shopping trip, Ella is working on a melt down and an announcement comes over the loud speaker asking everyone to leave the store IMMEDIATELY. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Do not pay. JUST LEAVE NOW! So we did. Three hours from the time we left home we got home... with only half of what we needed! I'm not sure if the Wal-Mart evacuation was part of those bomb threats being made all over the country, but I'm guessing it was.

Today started out just fine and dandy... until Mitch threw his back out for the second time in 2 weeks. I'm talking not able to walk, screaming in pain. I got him to the Urgent Care and 2 hours later the diagnosis (I'm not kidding): Acute Lower Back Pain. No, really?? Nothing like spending money for them to tell you you are in pain!

So now I'm going to bed. The alarm goes off at 5 AM tomorrow so Ella and I can go baby-sit Miss I and Mr. R. Let's hope this week goes better than the weekend!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin