Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bleh

That pretty sums up how I have been feeling lately. I hesitate to call it morning sickness or nausea because I feel way better than I did when I was pregnant with Ella. Just the fact that I'm not tossing my cookies every single day is a bonus. But I am pretty much sitting around staring at the walls trying not to think about food while my stomach screams for sustenance. Sigh. Hubby says it is exactly what I had with Ella, just less intense. Now do I call the doctor for meds or stick it out for 2 weeks until my next appointment....?

Gwyneth Paltrow was on The View on Friday. She was discussing her two children and when asked if she wanted another she stated that she "loathed pregnancy" because she, too, was sick every single day. FINALLY! Someone else other than Stephanie and I who agree that pregnancy is just not fun. The end result is amazing, but enduring the 40 weeks prior often reminds of the Egyptians wandering the desert for 40 years....not my idea of a good time.

And I'll leave you with this for now. When I was a young college grad I took a job working for a tour company (it rocked!) and worked with a wonderful woman who was the mother of two young children. I asked her one day why so many people "only" had two kids. She said, "After the first one you think, I can do that again. After the second one you think, there is NO WAY I'm doing that again!"

2 Thoughts From Others:

ErinOrtlund said...

I'm not a big fan of pregnancy! Too much discomfort and I also tend to worry about everything.

By the way, Ella is just so adorable! You have so many amazing photos of her!

Camille said...

So many of the moms of Mitch's students claim to have "loved" being pregnant. But I wonder if it's just been so long they forgot what it's really like!

Thank you! I literally take hundreds of photos of her to get a few good ones. I'd love to have a little on the side photo biz someday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin