Friday, February 13, 2009

The Technicolor Birthday Cake



I mentioned last month that I was planning to make Technicolor Cake for my sister's birthday. It was a huge hit and looked very cool. I doubled the recipe (using two boxes of cake mix) and did the Weight Watcher's thing by adding in some diet lemon-lime soda (for ease). The only issue I had was baking time. You are essentially baking an entire box of cake mix in one 8" round pan. That's a lot of cake! That baby baked for 45 minutes and still wasn't totally done. I think that I layered too much cake batter on top -- concentric circles is the key.

We frosted it with strawberry frosting, but agreed that Cool Whip would have been just fine!







2 Thoughts From Others:

The Campbell Family said...

Dude - we need a lot more instruction than this!! My mom and I agree that this is the coolest cake BUT HOW? HOW? HOW???

Camille said...

If you go to the original post (linked on this post) there is a link to the blog where it originated. She has step-by-step instructions.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin