Thursday, September 2, 2010

Incredible Corn Bread

I love corn bread, but I have yet to find a recipe that isn't too dry. But I stumbled upon a keeper! This recipe for Rather Rich Corn Bread (or muffins) is, like the name says,  rich but oh so delicious. Instead of 3 cups of cream, I used 1 cup buttermilk and 2 cups plain whole milk yogurt and substituted coconut oil for the butter. YUM! I also added in a handful of colby jack cheese. Some peppers would be good in there, too.

The recipe as written makes a HUGE bowl of batter. I got 16 muffins and a very thick 9 x 9 square pan of corn bread. Definitely halve it unless you are feeding a crowd or want to freeze a few.

1 Thoughts From Others:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

It's chili season so these will come in handy!! I so love corn bread, thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin