Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Hanukkah!




Hanukkah began tonight at sundown and although I didn't get out the menorah this year (I need an electric one due to curious hands), I did make latkes, salmon patties, and noodle kugel. I happily found a short cut to the all day potato shredding for the latkes -- shredded potatoes for hash browns in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. That cut my prep time by about 75%! A very tired Ella had her first latke and seemed to enjoy it (hard to tell when they are that tired). Ella was in bed by 6:30 PM and all is quiet as we enjoy this first night of lights!

2 Thoughts From Others:

Nerdy said...

You know an even better time saver? Call the local bakery or restaurant and order them:) Just remember to throw out the box before anyone sees.

ErinOrtlund said...

How cool you celebrated Hanukkah!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin