Tuesday, December 1, 2009

And the Decorating Continues...

This is our first Christmas in our new home and I'm so excited because I have so many Christmas decorations that I can finally use!


The "main" Christmas tree. It was HUGE in our apartment with 9 foot ceilings, but looks quite normal with the 12 foot ceilings we have now. I'd like to put some garland on the banister above the stockings, but I'll wait until it goes on clearance after Christmas.



This is from the stairs right behind the Christmas tree looking into the dining room and the living room (to the left). In the "cut out" (I have no idea what that hole is called!) I hung some ribbon I had and bought the ornaments at the dollar store. I wanted garland, but kind of like the ribbon. You can see the second Christmas tree peeking through in the dining room.


The second Christmas tree in the dining room. I LOVE THIS TREE! It just makes me happy! I hung applesauce/cinnamon ornaments that Sarah, Ella, and I made over Thanksgiving on it.



We decorated the ornaments with glitter glue I found at the dollar store. If you haven't used glitter glue -- you must! That stuff totally rocks. This is a stocking Sarah made.



The outside of our home at night --it was impossible to get a really good picture! I've always wanted to put candles in the windows and I bought a bunch of electric candles on clearance last year (having no idea when I'd use them). You can see the candles in the windows downstairs (we forgot to turn the upstairs ones on) and the white Christmas tree in the dining room is all the way to the right.


1 Thoughts From Others:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I still don't have my lights up (but the tree is DONE!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin