Monday, December 14, 2009

The Coolest Cookie Exchange Idea!

I participate in a cookie exchange every December and it is one of my favorite holiday gatherings. I love getting lots of goodies and hanging out with the girls for an evening. To keep the baking to a reasonable amount we exchange half-dozens rather than dozens. This year, for instance, we had 10 women so we made 5 dozen cookies and each lady got 6 cookies.

This year one lady brought the cutest idea ever for a cookie exchange:


Individual sized tins with FUDGE! I am so stealing her idea! I'm going to stock up on those tins after Christmas this year and give them away as gifts next year. This weekend I made this Butter Pecan Fudge recipe a high school friend posted on her Facebook page. IT IS FABULOUS (but holy sugar, Bat Man)! And super easy! I dumped the ingredients in the pan and Ella did all the mixing for me even if she did refuse to look at the camera. The apron she's wearing is a hot pad on top and a matching kitchen towel on the bottom -- so cute! (Ignore the bacon grease... I used it later to make soup.)



I made a double batch of the fudge thinking I'd give some away to our newspaper delivery lady, the water guy, and a few secretaries at my husband's work, but I think I'm going to have to make some more. But it will be so good and so cute next year in those little tins!

3 Thoughts From Others:

Electra Maven said...

Hi, How are you? I came across your Blog and I really enjoyed reading it! I found it very interesting! I'm a new blogger so I'd like to invite you to have a look at my blog and feel welcome to give me any kind of feedback and comments on my posts! :) I would really appreciate it! Thanks for sharing information and yr experiences! I wish you all the best! Kind Regards ;)

http://www.electra-spotlight.blogspot.com/

ps: great pics ;) kids are the cutest

Anonymous said...

I see Ella got all dressed up for the occasion :)

Camille said...

Have YOU ever seen a Princess wearing pants?!?! Yeah, I didn't think so!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin