Friday, January 29, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day: My First Attempt!



FishMama at Life as Mom and Crystal at Money Saving Mom are "hosting" a Freezer Cooking Day
this weekend and I thought I'd join in. I've never attempted a Freezer (or Once A Month) Cooking Day, but I've wanted to try it out for a while. No better time than the present (and thanks to my new bloggy friend, Sarah, for the encouragement!). I am usually exhausted by the weekend, but I think I manage to get a few items done on Sunday (I rest on Saturdays because I'm usually too tired to even THINK!) and then more on Monday.


I am really, really bad at lunches. REALLY! We often eat fruit, cheese, and whatever else I scrounge up (like Cheerios). It is that bad. So my plan is to get some baked goods for breakfast and a lot of stuff for lunch!

The Plan
Pizza dough (double recipe, freeze 2 doughs and use for lunch)
Pizza Rolls
Monterrey Chicken Quesedillas (my family is going to be THRILLED that I'm going to get bacon!)
Spaghetti Sauce (cooking up some of those frozen tomatoes!)
Strawberry Muffins (I'm going to make this a bit healthier and use up some frozen berries)
Lemon Blueberry Muffins or homemade pop tarts (I have frozen pie crust and some freezer jam on hand)
Master Baking Mix
Waffles (I'll just make these for breakfast on Sunday and make a triple batch to freeze)
Freezer Crescent Rolls
Chocolate Pancake Mix 
Cheesy Sausage Muffins
Crustless Mini-Quiche  (I'll post the recipe when I get it to work!)


0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin