Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookie Goodness


I really love to cook and bake, but, I have a hard time with cookies. They almost always end up flat and overdone. I am definitely still learning when it comes to baking the perfect cookie. When I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies on one of my favorite blogs, Annie Eats, I eschewed my past cookie failures and leaped in with both feet. The reward was delicious!

This recipe was written for the cookie inept. I turned the cookie sheets half-way through. I only baked until the cookies were just brown and puffed. I let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the sheets. PERFECTION AT LAST!

Just a few observations:

1) The recipe calls for "quick cooking" oatmeal, but I used plain old fashioned rolled oats. No one has complained yet.

2) The recipe notes that the filling is just barely enough for the cookies. I had 27 cookies and tons of filling leftover, but I may have skimped in fear of not having enough. Guess I'll need more cookies!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin