Monday, August 2, 2010

Christmas in July

After we got back from San Diego in mid-July, I decided on a whim that it would be fun to celebrate Christmas in July on July 25th. The girls were beyond excited about the idea, my sisters agreed to celebrate with us and my dear husband wholeheartedly pitched in to help out.


We put up a small, pre-lit tree, but left the decorations in the box. I wanted something quick and easy. This would be a great use for an clearance tree at the after Christmas sales.

We just did a few small gifts -- most of which I already had on hand.  My sisters found some fun items in Target's Dollar Spot.


After opening gifts, we baked gingerbread teddy bears in the toaster oven using a couple of kits I'd never gotten around to using.

We made gingerbread aprons -- kits I bought through Oriental Trading, again a few years ago that we just never got around to making!


I had a ham in the freezer that I bought when they were on sale for Easter. I didn't want to heat up the house so I borrowed my friend's electric roaster oven and cooked it outside! It worked perfectly and I now I really want one of those!


I loved celebrating Christmas in July! We got to do a lot of things that we just haven't had time for during the hustle and bustle of the "real" holiday season.  This will definitely be a new family tradition!






0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin