Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hot Chocolate on A Stick



We have been in the upper 60's and even the low 70's (!) this week so hot chocolate has not been high on our beverage list. But I understand that many of you are still buried in snow and wearing boots and that type of stuff. So for you, I have hot chocolate on a stick.

I first saw hot chocolate on a stick mentioned in a magazine with the website where you could buy it.  It didn't seem to me that it could be all that difficult to make yourself and I was right. Talk about super easy! I used mini-muffin cups for mine, but an ice cube tray would work just fine, too.

I used some melting chocolate, but I'm sure chocolate chips would work. I also made my own powdered sugar by blending sucanat in my blender. It's brown, but that gets hidden in the chocolate.

I did find that these make some VERY chocolatey hot chocolate so you could easily put less on the stick. 



Hot Chocolate on A Stick
1 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate, diced up
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup powdered sucanat
Pinch of salt

Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat once most of the chocolate is melted and stir until the rest is melted. Stir in cocoa powder, sucanat, and salt. The mixture will be thick.

Using a small cookie scoop, spoon, spatula or whatever, scoop chocolate in to chosen container. This recipe made 12 mini muffin sized sticks for me. Add a stick. I used lollipop sticks, but I would recommend stir sticks as the paper on mine started to come apart in the milk. Allow to cool at room temperature.

To use: Immerse stick in a mug of hot milk. Stir to combine. Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Giver's Log (she has a ton of info on cooking with chocolate!).

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin