Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pancakes for A Crowd

I may have mentioned that we are a pancake loving family. For years I would stand at the stove for what seemed like hours, flipping 1 or 2 pancakes at a time in the largest frying pan I owned. Last year my mother took pity on me and bought me a cast iron griddle. I love it so much and use it so often that it has taken up permanent residency on my stovetop.  I can usually get 5-6 pancakes on the griddle at one time so it has made pancake making quick and easy, but sometimes I want to use the griddle for something else or just don't want to stand there flipping pancakes at 5 AM!

I read a tip somewhere that you could bake pancakes when serving a crowd. I decided to try it out on New Year's Day. I used a pancake mix from my sister and poured it in to a greased jelly roll pan. Then I baked it at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes. Perfect! These were pretty delicate so cutting them up was a bit crumbly.I'll definitely be using this trick again in the future!


Voila! Easy pancakes for a crowd!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin