Friday, September 26, 2008

The Dairy Monster

Ella is a lover of milk -- it is her preferred beverage of choice. She'll drink water if I force at least most of the time after pitching a gigantic fit and she has never taken to juice. Here is my issue: according to the pediatrician Ella should have no more than 3 servings of dairy a day (that's the recommendation for all of us), which means 3 glasses of milk a day. Ella would happily drink at least twice that each day. I could only offer water, but then I am concerned about dehydration because we live in an extremely dry climate and it is till relatively hot outside (high 90s). The bottom line is this: is it really awful if she drinks more than 24 ounces of milk a day? I know I don't want the milk to replace food, but it doesn't seem to (she eats the same as any toddler her age).

Honestly, I never thought I'd be obsessing over my kid drinking milk.... if you know anything about this, I'd welcome suggestions or information!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin