Sunday, December 14, 2008

Microwave Peanut Brittle


Last weekend I started some holiday candy making. I had a cookie exchange to attend and had signed up to bring fudge. While I was in the kitchen, I decided to give this new recipe for Microwave Peanut Brittle (courtesy of Marilyn Moll over at The Urban Homemaker) a whirl.

I love this recipe! It was so much fun and easy to make. After standing on my feet stirring fudge all afternoon, cooking in the microwave was a nice and easy change. I did make the mistake of starting the brittle in a plastic bowl -- DO NOT DO THIS! Use something that won't melt. My bowl survived, but barely. My sister's favorite part of the brittle is that it has a softer texture and thus is easier on the teeth. What you see in the picture above is a single batch. I would recommend at least a double (if not triple) batch. Trust me, it will go fast!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin