Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Take on Snickerdoodle Blondies


A few weeks ago I saw a blog post for Snickerdoodle Blondies. I love Snickerdoodles so I made a mental note to try these out. This week my Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazine arrived (it was a freebie -- I think from my sister) and it has a blondie recipe in it that looked delicious.

I made the blondies first (I've never made these before!) and they were awesome and super quick and easy. I compared the Snickerdoodle Blondie recipe on-line and it was significantly different than the Everyday Food recipe. The on-line version appears to make more (it calls for a 9X13 pan) and requires a mixer. Because I'm lazy and prefer not to dirty my mixer for a batch of cookies, I adapted the Everyday Food version and voila: Snickerdoodle Blondies sans mixer!

Snickerdoodle Blondies v.2

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
(I use the Sneaky Chef flour mixture of equal parts unbleached white flour, whole wheat flour, and wheat germ -- you can't see the whole wheat brown in these!)
1/5 teaspoons coarse salt

Topping:
1/2 Tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Optional pinch of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and 8 inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Brush pan with butter (just use the wrappers from your 2 sticks of butter). In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt; stir just until moistened. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top. Mix together topping ingredients and sprinkle on top. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Allow pan to cool completely. Remove cake using foil or parchment and cut in to squares.

(BTW -- all I did was add the cinnamon/sugar topping to make these "Snickerdoodle". Last time I put butterscotch chips on top!)

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin