Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates

My first experience with dates was in Palmyra, Syria.  I was there during date season and I could buy them freshly picked off the tree. Oh my! It's hard to compare any dates I get in the grocery store with that!  But when my younger sister was telling me about a stuffed date appetizer she recently ate I put aside my date snobbery. I'd never eaten stuffed dates before I made these, but I am so glad my sister told me about them! I'm planning to take these to any and all pot lucks from now on.



Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
Dates
Feta Cheese
Bacon
Barbecue Sauce

Carefully slice open each date and remove the pit.  Fill date with about 1 teaspoon of feta cheese. Cut each slice of bacon into thirds. Wrap bacon around date and secure with a toothpick (if needed).  Once all dates are stuffed and wrapped, brush with barbecue sauce.  Cook dates on grill or under a broiler until bacon is cooked. These can be served hot or at room temperature.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin