Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Garlic Pull Apart Bread

Ready to eat!
This recipe was an "ah ha" moment for me.  I often want to serve garlic bread with dinner, but my homemade bread is usually round boule type loaves and not the long french loaves garlic bread is made with.  This recipe allows me to use my homemade round loaves and get some super yummy garlic bread!

I used the recipe to make garlic bread, but if you follow the link to the original recipe, you will see that there are many options. I think pesto would be delicious!

Garlic Pull Apart Bread
1 loaf round bread
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2-5 Tablespoons softened butter
Olive oil
Dried oregano and basil
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves, finely diced or pressed

Slice bread every 1 1/2" not quite all the way through the loaf. Rotate loaf and slice again every 1 1/2".  Place bread on a foil lined cookie sheet.

In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, salt, pepper and spices to taste. Add enough olive oil to make a smooth mixture between a paste and a sauce.  Using an offset spatula, gently spread the mixture in to the cracks of the bread. Then fill cracks with 3/4 cup of the cheese.  Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of loaf.



Bake in a 350 degree oven just until bread is toasty and cheese melted (about 15-20 minutes).

Adapted from Our Best Bites.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin