Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Aloha!


Or however you say "good-bye" in Hawaiian. Bruce, Keola, and I were up at 3:30 AM this morning to go to the airport for their 6 AM flight to Hawaii. They flew Aloha Airlines and I was very impressed with them. They are the Hawaiian Southwest Airlines. We didnt' use unaccompanied minor for the boys, but the ticket agent gave me a boarding pass so I could go to the gate with them.

Ever since school got out those two have been driving me NUTS!! Everyday I want to call my parents and apologize for EVER being a teenager. It's hard to remember that even though the LOOK like adults -- they are really only about 6 years old. I have to remind them about things as much as I do Sarah. How many times do you have to tell them to not leave dirty socks on the coffee table in the living room? Or Bruce just finding a brand-new pack of undershirts I bought him a month ago...or asking them 6 times yesterday if they were all packed only to go in to the bedroom to find more stuff of theirs. There is a reason God gives us babies and lets us grow in to the teen years. No one would survive if we didn't have the baby memories.

That said, I cried when they got on the plane this morning. They are good kids -- they just were never taught how to act in certain situations. Ella absolutely adores them both. The plan is for Bruce to come back in July or August ... but we left purchasing the ticket up to his parents. We'll see if he comes back or not.

Two days to re-arrange the bedroom and closet before Sarah arrives....!

1 Thoughts From Others:

Jen said...

They definitely sound like teenagers!! That being said, they definitely sound like two great kids. Considering the "upstanding citizens" I deal with on a daily basis, those two boys are definitely ANGELS!!!!!!! Here's to Bruce returning in August!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin