Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just Life

Nothing much going on at the ranch. Daddy is back in school as of tomorrow with a busy week. But we have had some mild excitement around the home front lately.

Ella has taken to "dumpster diving" in our trash can. A few weeks ago I caught her picking out pieces of pancake and eating them. Last week I was sitting on the couch and she came around the corner with a 2 liter from the trash. She really enjoyed getting out the last drops of soda!


Last Thursday at a friends house Ella decided she wanted eat a banana! So we've been practicing eating those. She mostly just sucks on them, but hey I'll take what I can get!


She has been signing really, really well lately. Yesterday afternoon I turned off the news so we could leave for small group. Ella fussed and signed "baby". I gave her a doll which she threw down and signed "baby" again as she looked at the TV. It finally dawned on me that she wanted to watch "Baby" Signing Time!

I've been knitting some hats for the Campbells and Ella is my model/trier on-er!


Ella a la Blair Witch

3 Thoughts From Others:

The Campbell Family said...

Cute hats, Ella! But, really, you should try not to eat food out of the garbage. The fresh stuff is much better! :)

ErinOrtlund said...

She's a cutie! Kate used to eat stuff out of the trash too! Yuck! We had to move the trashcan up where she couldn't reach it, which of course, was not attractive kitchen decorating.

Camille said...

I went and bought a rather pricey trash can -- the kind you have to step on to open -- thinking that would keep her out. No such luck. I put it in the bathroom and close the door (she loves to drag things out of that trash as well).

I always wondered why people put their trash under/in cupboards. Now I know.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin