Thursday, April 23, 2009

Adding Dessert


Last week I spontaneously decided to make brownies for dessert after dinner. It was an easy dinner prep night and I had some extra time so I jumped in and made them from scratch (just as easy as from the box without the weird chemical ingredients). I discovered that once Ella realized there were brownies to be had, she gobbled up her plate. So I gave her a piece of brownie and told her she could have more if she at more dinner. IT WORKED! I sat there dumbfounded. Why in the world had I not thought of this before?

I have not committed to planning dessert for meals, but I've decided to try and make a homemade dessert at least once a week. I can make enough to last us a few days. Once I'm in a kitchen where I can actually function efficiently, baking will be easier. I'm thinking cupcakes would freeze well. Just pop them out to defrost and have everyone frost their own!

This week Ella and I made No Bake Cookies (it was in the mid-90s so no oven baking for us). I found a recipe from an old friend for a Summer Pie that I want to try out soon and I have some Phyllo dough in the freezer that is begging to be made in to Baklava.

I'm looking forward to this unofficial new addition to our menu!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin