Thursday, May 20, 2010

Make It Homemade: Bleu Cheese Dressing

I found some buttermilk on clearance at the grocery store (Fresh and Easy) yesterday. Gotta say -- buttermilk is my new favorite ingredient! It's been fun experimenting with it, but I really wanted to try out a salad dressing with it. So when we had buffalo bleu cheese burgers (which were DIVINE),  I made up some homemade bleu cheese dressing to use as a dip with celery. We really liked it and it is so simple! It would be great over a lettuce wedge (with some bacon!). I think it would also be yummy on this Buffalo Chicken Salad.

Bleu Cheese Dressing
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sour cream (or more depending on the consistency you want)
1/4 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
Pepper to taste

Mix it all together. It should last for 3-4 days in the fridge.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin