Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mini Apple Cinnamon Bran Muffins

I can't remember where I saw this recipe, but it must have been on a parenting website because these are suggested as pre-school snacks. I am not generally a huge fan of bran -- I like my white flour! But these are delicious. They are nice and sweet.

The original recipe calls for vegetable oil, which I avoid. I would have used coconut oil, but the cold milk and eggs would cause it to solidify so I opted for grape seed oil. The dough is pretty thick so I'm thinking you could easily substitute yogurt for the milk to make this even healthier.



Last Fall I peeled, cored and sliced apples and froze them. I have one bag left and I used an apple from the freezer for this. It worked great and I highly recommend freezing apples now for use all winter and summer long.


Mini Apple Cinnamon Bran Muffins

1 1/4 cups natural bran
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs
1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Grease mini muffin pan.

In a large bowl stir together bran, flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a smaller bowl, stir together milk, oil, and eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until combined. Fold in apples.

Fill muffin pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin