Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trail Mix Cookies


I found this recipe on the inside of a Horizon organic butter box. I love finding recipes on products. They are usually very good. This one did not disappoint -- I love these cookies as do my kids. My dough was very, very crumbly. I couldn't figure out why until I recalled that I used 1/2 and 2/3 cup of sucanat and skipped the brown sugar. I'm wondering if the brown sugar would have creamed better. Guess I'll have to make them again!

The original recipe says to leave plenty of room when baking because cookies spread. Mine didn't budge. Maybe it was the brown sugar? Or the fact that I used baking powder instead of baking soda (that one wasn't on purpose)? I'm not sure, but they still tasted just fine.

I didn't use raisins or pecans because the granola I used had cranberries and pecans in it already.

Trail Mix Cookies
1/2 cup salted organic butter (or just butter)
6 Tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons wheat germ
1/4 teaspoon baking SODA
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup granola
1/2 cup lightly toasted pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit. Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and wheat germ. Add baking soda, salt, and flour. Stir in granola, pecans, raisins, and chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin