Friday, October 1, 2010

Baking Day

I have had a hard time keeping my husband full lately. I think it's because his body was used to a nice big breakfast all summer long. Now that he's back to work (and leaving the house at 6:00 AM), he doesn't eat breakfast. It's hard to convince yourself to wake up earlier to eat breakfast when the alarm clock is already going off way too early!

I've been feeling a bit guilty about having a hungry husband, but the weather has not been cooperating either. We are running about 15 degrees above normal, which means we are STILL over 100 degrees. I do not like to turn my oven on when we're hitting temps that high. So I took advantage of cool-ish 85 degree overcast day and finally baked for the poor man!



The bread is peasant bread from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A Day. I finally got the book for my birthday last month. It's the master recipe with some rye and wheat flour subbed in with the all purpose flour.

The cookies are Trail Mix Cookies and the recipe is coming for those. They are delicious!

The muffins were my husband's request -- cheesy sausage muffins. I double the recipe to get 24 pretty large muffins. They freeze well and he can just let it thaw on his way to work. Instead of evaporated milk and water, I used 1 1/2 cups of milk (or 3/4 cup for a single recipe).



0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin