Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Trip to the Dentist: Part 2

As I mentioned earlier, my three year old daughter, Ella, had an abscessed tooth that needed to be pulled. I was pleased to have found a wonderful pediatric dentist, but I was still very concerned about the entire procedure. My son had surgery in June and everyone assured us it was easy and it was a nightmare! I was not about to let my guard down with Ella. It did not help that I have never had anything done to my teeth except cleaning. That's right -- early thirties and not even one single cavity. May my children be as lucky! So I have no idea what it's like to be numbed and Novacained!

Out of all three kids, Ella is by far the most independent and strong willed. I should have known that while these traits drive me batty on a daily basis, when it comes to new and unfamiliar area of her life, they are VERY useful traits. Ella did not cry, complain or whine ONCE. Nothing. She marched right in there, singing her heart out, talking away and laughing. They numbed and she flinched a tad. They pulled. She just laid there quietly. And that was it. Done. Well, she did cry once -- when we had to leave. She was busy watching The Little Mermaid on DVD and had no interest in going home.

I'm still getting used to the toothless grin, but it doesn't seem to bother her one bit!





0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin