Monday, June 16, 2008

Bubbe's Boarding House for Stray Cats


A few months ago we took in a stray cat, named him B.J. and called him our own. He is hands down the sweetest cat I have ever met. The only problem is that he is still part kitten and walks around the house between 2-3 AM meowing at the top of his lungs for someone to play with him. So we put him outside when we go to bed along with food and water.

A few weeks ago, all of B.J.s food was gone in the morning -- not usual for him. We noticed a small black and white stray showing up at night to eat. He or she now comes every night to eat and sleep on our porch. That is fine with us as we feel bad for the little dude. So now we have 2 cats outside at night.

Last night we heard a cat crying at our window, but it was not B.J. It was a brown and white kitten that was not a stray (he was very clean), but was obviously lost. When I opened the door, he wanted in, but was very offended that I was in HIS house. He would smell me and back away hissing. When I picked him up, he growled! He finally left and I really hope he made it home O.K.

I think the word has gotten out on the street -- if you are lost or a stray, head to the Gabels. They will take care of you.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin