Thursday, January 8, 2009

He is No Fool

I read that today is the 53rd anniversary of the passing missionaries Jim Elliot, Ed McCully, Pete Cathers, Nate Saint, and Roger Youdarian. Their story was made in to a movie, End of the Spear, a few years ago. Their story changed the way I do life.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
-- Jim Eliott

I couldn't let the opportunity to throw out a few links about them. I hope you follow the links and learn about their amazing lives.

2 Thoughts From Others:

The Campbell Family said...

We actually had the opportunity to meet a man and his wife who were missionaries with the Elliots and part of the search team that went looking for the men when they didn't return. I bought Elizabeth's book at their speaking engagement and it was fun to see their names in it as I read. Incredible story - the whole thing.

Sarah Kay said...

My mom listened to Elisabeth Elliot's radio show every morning when I was growing and had us read missionary stories, including theirs. It is a remarkable testimony to God. What an amazing ministry!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin