Saturday, January 31, 2009

It Never Hurts to Ask


I was at the grocery store last night and needed some milk. I noticed a gallon of hormone free whole milk sitting by itself on the shelf with a same day expiration date. It was not marked down. So I (well, I made my sister ask) asked the nice clerk working in the section if they would mark it down at the register since it expired that day. He said the front checker wouldn't mark it down, but he would. I was expecting him to mark it half off (it was $2.99 full price) but he gave it to me for $.50! We don't normally drink whole milk, but for $.50, I took it!

4 Thoughts From Others:

Meg & Scott said...

You couldn't pay me to drink whole milk. Yech!

Camille said...

LOL! Well, Ella drinks 99.9% of all milk in this house and she doesn't care. I took a sip this morning and it is really thick!

Nerdy said...

I love whole milk :) I'll have to remember that trick. I'm sure I'd end up throwing most of it out since it'd spoil but for that price.

Camille said...

I made homemade mac and cheese and french toast to use it up! Mission accomplished.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin