Thursday, June 11, 2009

Eating on the Road

The Gabel family is on the move this week. Mitch and Miles are flying to New York for a family event and to pick up Sarah (WOO HOO!!). My sister and I are road tripping from Vegas to Anaheim (about 4 hours) with Ella for a day at Disneyland (Ella' first time; our gazillionth time). I needed to pack everyone munchies and lunch on the road for us. For the snacks I made Homemade Granola Bars and Peanut Butter Balls. I add 1 cup Raisin Bran and omit the 1/2 cup dried fruit and 1/2 cup flax seed.

For lunch I made up some chicken salad, put it in tortillas and made wraps. Ella will have a peanut butter sandwich. We also have raw veggies and dip and fruit to snack on. We're planning to stop at a park to eat and let Ella run a bit half-way through the trip. She's not used to driving for more than 20 minutes at a time so it ought to be fun!

1 Thoughts From Others:

Karin said...

There SOOOOO better be pictures posted here soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin