Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Satisfying the Craving at Home

On Sunday I picked up a Reese's Peanut Butter cup at the grocery store. I like to have some chocolate in the house -- just in case. A craving hit on Monday and unfortunately Ella was around so I had to share (one of the few down falls of Motherhood -- sharing the goodies). Once the cups were gone, I still wanted more. Ella then found a Jell-O pudding cup in the fridge, which prompted me to investigate homemade pudding recipes when it hit me -- couldn't I make a pseudo Reese's Peanut Butter cup at home?

Yup. I can (I could make Buckeyes as well). You can also make homemade Oreo cookies,or even Snickers Bars (or fudge that resembles them).

My friend Megan makes a lot of her goodies from necessity because her kids have mega food allergies. Everything Megan cooks is Vegan, but I'm sure you can substitute "real" ingredients. She made Girl Scout Thin Mints, Cracker Jack Caramel Corn, and Cadbury Cream Eggs.

Next time I have a craving, I'm heading to the kitchen rather than the store!


2 Thoughts From Others:

Sarah Kay said...

I have been having the worst time with this pregnancy - because I always seem to want a snack when the 2 yr old is around and then she has to "have" a snack too, when I am trying to reduce the amount of snacks she gets. Sigh!

PS - saw a shout out to you in the last issue of Woman's Day (cloth diapers) and thought "hey, I know her!!" Congrats!

Camille said...

Thanks, Sarah! I keep meaning to post about that! :-) I left a comment on Mary Hunt's blog and next thing I know she's emailing me. Weird!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin