Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Surgery Day

Our little guy had surgery this morning. Everyone (including the surgeon) I talked who has had kids have this surgery assured me it was an easy in and out procedure. Their kids were all back to their normal selves later in the day. I was fairly confident when I scheduled the surgery for today -- only two days before he is scheduled to fly out to New York with his Daddy.

It turns out that the issue was a bit more complicated than originally thought AND that Miles does not do well on anesthesia. I think he was totally freaked out and now won't let us put him down. The doctor told us that he'll keep Miles under observation for A YEAR and that another surgery may be needed. UGH, UGH, UGH!

Here's hoping he is rebounded tomorrow!

2 Thoughts From Others:

Anonymous said...

Hope he's doing well. Mary

ErinOrtlund said...

Oh! I hope he's OK!

I missed the fact that you were able to buy a house after all! Yea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin