Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Still Waiting

We are still here. By "here" I mean our old dwellings, not the new shiny ones. We signed all of our documents and handed in our check a week ago and we still do not have the keys to our new place. The causes of the delays are numerous and entirely created by our lender, which is beyond frustrating. Unfortunately we do not have the option of taking our business elsewhere at this point or I would have switched banks yesterday when they told us there was a problem with the appraisal. The appraisal they had done by their appraiser well over a month ago. The appraisal that no less than 4 people have looked at since then.

We had been planning to paint before we moved, but we had also planned to move a week ago! I know that in the long run I will be much happier if we paint before moving, but we are living amongst boxes with almost everything packed and three kids, one of whom is only here for another few weeks and we won't see her again for months!

The entire situation just stinks and I am well beyond frustrated. Here's hoping we actually get our keys today!

2 Thoughts From Others:

Robin said...

I am sorry to hear this is going on. Take it from someone who has been there. We lived in a 2 bedroom apartment temporarily with 3 kids, 2 adults, a large yellow lab, and 2 cats. I know the insanity that is setting in. I would just leave you with my new favorite quote- change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change. Make fun memories, savor your final moments of simplicity. The good news is- the kids will never remember any of this when they look back. Trust me. So just remember that, treat yourself to some time spent out and about and just trust His timing. So just keep the faith. Praying for you because I do know how disappointing it is. Can't wait to see the post WE'RE IN!!!

Robin said...

DISREGARD PREVIOUS COMMENT! God is so cool. We surrender it, and He gives us the keys! Hurry up and post a We're In so I can celebrate from half the USA away! So happy for you all. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin