Tuesday, March 25, 2008

After Holiday Sales

Yesterday was that day again -- the day after a holiday. This time it was Easter and I headed to Wal-Mart to stock up for next year. I got my egg dye kit for $.25, napkins and plates for about $.60 each pack, and some little gift bags for $.10 each that I can use all year round. But the biggest score was two sets of Wilton's Silicone Baking Cups for $4.23/each! They retail around $9.99 and I've been meaning to use my 40% coupon at Jo-Anns to pick some up. But there they were -- I couldn't believe it. Half-off because they are pastel colors. I still can't believe it.

I was also surprised by how much Easter inventory was still on the shelves. We didn't go until after 7 PM and I figured it would be slim pickings. Not so! I think that while most people plan on the after-Christmas sales, few people plan to go shopping the day after other holidays. I even managed to grab a few St. Patrick's Day goodies for next year.

I had stocked up on candy after Valentine's Day to use in Easter baskets. I wondered of my 8 year old would notice. She didn't really -- she just thought all the hearts were cute! But I did buy way too much candy (easy to do when it's half off)! I'll be sure to buy less next year.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin