Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin Go Brach!


(Me with a random sign in a small village that I can't remember the name of, but I'm sure Stephanie will, Ireland)

Once upon a time a lass had a friend who loved to travel as much as the lass. One fine summer the lass and her friend set out on a tour of the Emerald Isle. They traveled by air, bus, and foot (the railway workers were on strike) through Shannon and County Cork to kiss the Blarney Stone on their way to Dublin. And even though it was still cold enough to wear pants and long sleeves in July, they fell in love with the wee leprechauns and rainbows (and maybe not the Guiness) along the way.

(Durty Nelly's Pub; Shannon, Ireland)

Raise your pint high to St. Patrick, the Irish, their beloved Ireland and my Irish traveling pal! God Bless Ireland!

(Stephanie with her very own pint of Guiness; Temple Bar, Dublin)

(and if you find a pub stateside with a good boxty, please let me know!)

4 Thoughts From Others:

The Campbell Family said...

Auhh... I wanna go! I wanna go! Our local pub closed, so we were home with store bought corned beef and cabbage and Grasshopper pie in place of Shamrock shakes. My Mickey Ears and fancy scarf had me doing little jigs all day.

Now, Wet Burritos?? C'mon... I thought I raised you better that that.

Camille said...

I have a corned beef in the fridge... remember last year -- not reading how long it takes to cook??

We got 3 kids all packed up and to McDs yesterday for Shamrock Shakes... only to be told they were out. It takes 10 minutes just to get everyone in the van. Mama was not happy.

The Campbell Family said...

Ooh. Sorry, dude. Mom and Scott went to and were told, "The truck ain't come yet." What is wrong with McDonalds these days????

Karin said...

For the record...I don't make bread or homemade pies or kapusta...but I make a mean corned beef. Crock pot; potatoes; carrots...yum.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin