Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mama Mia!


As I have mentioned, Karin is in town for the week. We have some family issues going on and she came out to help and lend support. So, of course, the VB girls have made time for a couple of "Girls Nights." Wednesday we enjoyed Ladies Night at Rosemary's Restaurant (compliments of the Big Guy who saw the restaurant on a Rachael Ray show). And last night we rocked our disco-selves on the strip....

Last week Travel Zoo's Top 20 email included half-price ticket special for Mama Mia! at Mandalay Bay. The youngest VB has wanted to see it since she moved to Vegas so I jumped on the deal and landed us 3 tickets for last night's show. We have a pretty strict "no paying for shows" policy around the Gabel house (because we have lots of connections and usually see them for free), but we made an exception this time. And I would definitely pay to go see it again (surprisingly as Cirque du Soleil is one of the few I'd pay to see, but only on sale). It was just a fun show and I happen to really like ABBA's music. The singing wasn't so great, but it's hard to project the low notes (and with a BA in vocal performance, I tend to have a pretty high standard. If you aren't singing Puccini, I probably will have an issue). But the music is fun and makes you want to jump up and dance in the aisles! I forgot my camera so all we have is the obligatory Mama Mia! graphic.

I'm off to download "Dancing Queen" on iTunes....

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin