Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cookin' and Plannin'

I mentioned on my menu plan this week that there are a few recipes I have recently found that I am dying to try out. One is a recipe for lasagna. I love lasagna, but I really do not have any recipes I like for it. When I saw this new recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. I have ground meat and sauce in the house and lasagna noodles are inexpensive. But there are two ingredients that piqued my curiosity: breakfast sausage (cooked with the ground meat) and sliced cheese (rather than shredded). I do not have either ingredient in the house so I (grudgingly)decided to wait and watch for sales. For three weeks now I have been waiting... and waiting... and waiting.

While grocery shopping on Saturday I noticed that Wal-Mart was carrying a brand of sausage for which I had a coupon. I got the package for $.23. Check that ingredient off the list.

Yesterday, the sale ads came for our grocery store sales this week and sliced mozzarella is on sale for $1.50 per package. Bingo! I had a serious dance party in the living room.

Rather than paying around $8 total for the cheese and sausage, I will spend less than $2.00. I saved $6.00 with just a little bit of patience.

Look for the recipe link on next week's menu!

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin