Tuesday, April 8, 2008

In The Kitchen

I tried out the silicone baking cups I purchased on Easter clearance a few weeks ago. I love them! No more muffin pans for me! And I washed them in the dishwasher afterwards. No muss, no fuss.


I decided last month to start baking my own bread. We just finished the first loaf bread last week and are on to the second. We go through phases where we will eat a lot of bread, and then not so much. Everyone seems to like and enjoy the bread, but I still think it needs a little something to make it more palatable. The recipe I used (from The Urban Homemaker)had a few optional ingredients, including vital wheat gluten and dough enhancer. She also recommended SAF yeast. I decided to give them a whirl as they were relatively inexpensive (shipping doubled my cost, though).

I am going to give them a whirl today or tomorrow.

0 Thoughts From Others:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin