Thursday, July 12, 2007

Hot Spell

I have been cautious the past week not to mention anything regarding our current heat wave mostly because this is our 3rd summer here and I feel that I should be used to the heat by now. Last night, however, I read a local e-newsletter I receive and there were plenty of Las Vegas natives complaining about the heat! So that gives me free reign to gripe!

This past week was BRUTAL! I have been taking at least two showers a day and we make sure to stay indoors after about 2 PM (unless you are 7 and/or visiting from Michigan in which case that apparently is the perfect time to go swimming). It's the equivalent to a snowstorm out east -- when it's below freezing you stay inside. Here, when it gets around 110 degrees, we stay inside.

We have a "Monsoon Season" out west when thunderstorms pop up and move quickly through the city with flooding and such. The season has started so we've been getting more cloud cover. Yesterday, our high was only 104 degrees and it was a welcome relief! Sarah wanted to wear long pants and a long-sleeved shirt because she was chilly (The kid was made for hot weather -- she never complains about the heat and loves to be out it in!).

I'll still take the heat over snow any day, but I'm really hoping we stay below 110 for a few days (we aren't going to, but I can hope!).

2 Thoughts From Others:

The Campbell Family said...

Still 80 with rain off and on around here. Boy, is Kansas City ever a nice place to live.

Camille said...

You forgot to mention the humidity.....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin