Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meme Meme Meme Meme-8 of Me

I have been tagged with a meme. Never been tagged before -- thanks, Erin for making me feel important in the world of blogs. I'm trying really hard to find 8 "new" things about me for those who know me well!

The Rules: “Each person posts the rules before their list, then they list 8 things about themselves. At the end of the post, that person tags and links to 8 other people and then visits those peoples’ sites and comments letting them know that they have been tagged, and to come read the post, so they know what they have to do.”

1. I was the president of my sorority in college. Being "Greek" was one of the best things I did in college. I will encourage my daughters to be "Greek" as well, even if it's not in the same sorority as me.

2. I have traveled (more than once) to Syria, Jordan, Israel, Iran, Turkey, Greece, Egypt, Lebanon, & Ireland (only been here once). My advice: go while you can putting any misconceptions you have aside and be amazed by what you experience! My two favorite places on this earth are Damascus and Istanbul. I would really, really love to live in either city some day.

3. I like Harry Potter. I grew up in the "Halloween is evil" era (I think it still goes on today?) and I get it and the reasons behind it. But the Potter series is one of the most well-written, creative pieces of literature available today. I'm not convinced it's appropriate for a 7 year old, but I still love Harry.

4. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I have degrees in religion, music and law and am working on a teaching license and I am still confused.

5. I am a self-taught avid knitter since 2004. I love to knit, I just don't have the time or money to spend on doing it as much as I'd like to. I am currently working on a knitted nativity.

6. Speaking of which... I collect nativities. I must have about 15 of them. The more creative they are, the better (one is a miniature tea set)! I like to get a new nativity each Christmas (either as a gift or bought for myself).

7. I love all things Jewish and, lucky me, married a Jew (who became a Christian about 10 years ago). We celebrate most Jewish holidays in our home, but with a Christian twist. Thanks to my mother-in-law I've become a pretty decent Jewish cook.

8. I feel very fortunate to be the oldest of three girls only three years apart (total). I know that was very hard on my mother when we were young, but I appreciate to no end the bond and closeness I share with my sisters today (even though we still drive each other crazy at times).

I do not have 8 people to tag because I don't have 8 blogs I read! But I do tag Beth, Karin, Steph, Rachel...and that's all I got!

4 Thoughts From Others:

ErinOrtlund said...

Thanks for doing this Camille! What brought you to all those fascinating countries? Interesting that Mitch is originally Jewish! Has he ever heard of Lauren Winner? How did you and Mitch meet?

Camille said...

I worked for a tour operator located in the U.S. We sold tours all over the Near East and I went along as the tour manager. I had the best job in the world with the best boss in the world! I miss it terribly!

LOL! Mitch doesn't read one iota, but I've read Lauren's book. It was a while ago, though. Mitch has issues with Judaism, but I'd love to attend a Messianic congregation!

We met at Michigan State U via Yahoo! Personals. :-)

ErinOrtlund said...

Wow, that does sound like a great job! Can you tell I'm intrigued?

So if you met in Michigan, did you move to LV for Mitch's job?

Camille said...

It was awesome and I'm so blessed to have done it! I applied for what I thought was a secretarial position after college and landed this travel gig. I was enrolled at Trinity and felt at the last second that I wasn't supposed to go so I was jut looking for something to do while I sorted things out.

Well, we got to Vegas via Flagstaff, AZ. Mitch was working on his doctorate in music when he got a temp professor position at No AZ Univ, but they hired someone else full time & he wasn't hot on teaching college. We decided we wanted to stay out west (I loved Flag, but there were no jobs) -- it was either Phoenix or Vegas.... and here we are!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin